Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Happily-Ever-After Continues. . .

Okay, so Friday rolls around of the same week of the golf tournament. It's my last day to work my part-time/seasonal job for the Judge and I'm packing up my office. My friend and former colleague from WT, Bill Bandy, calls and wants to drop by my office to have me sign some papers for my retirement account. While visiting with Bill, he mentions a Republican fund-raising party to be held that night at the Route 66 Studio of Judge Houdashell. He asks if I'd like to meet him and Gary Wells there. Hmm? I think...this is the second time Bill has asked me to attend something...the first event was the 2 weeks before the golf tournament. It was the Kids Inc. banquet. Bill asked if I'd like to come and sit at his table. I wondered and asked who would be at his table, just out of curiosity. He mentioned some couples that I knew, his parents and Gary Wells. Gary Wells? I had heard his name before and knew he'd lost his wife to breast cancer. I asked Bill if it was "that" Gary Wells and he said it was. Nothing more was said and I declined the invitation to the event. Just didn't feel like going.
So, now Bill is again inviting me to an event, but this time, I KNEW Gary Wells and Bill was shocked when I told him I was headed to Gary's office after work to give him pictures from the golf tournament from Monday. Bill seemed really surprised, but glad I'd met him. I thought I might stop by the event if Gary mentioned it to me when I went to see him.
Bill helped me carry my belongings to my car and he also gave me a copy of Jatawn Wells' testimony that he had on CD. I listened to it on the way to Gary's bank. After listening to the CD, I felt I knew Jatawn on some level...maybe just from hearing her voice on that CD. Her testimony is one of faithfulness and perseverance and it was very interesting to listen to.
I make it to Gary's office and walk in and find him dressed in jeans and ropers! My first thought, "I bet he does know how to 2-step...why else would he have ropers on?" We chatted with small talk to ease our nervousness and then Gary asked if I'd want to meet him and his friend, Bill, at this fund-raiser...He was surprised that I'd just been visiting with Bill and he asked the same thing. With Gary's request, the light turned green and I agreed to meet them there......
The Desk: I've put the third and final coat of RED on it and it's looking good! I haven't quite decided how I might use this great stencil I bought for it...not sure what color to stencil on it or where...plus, I want to put some fancy trim on it too. All next week, I plan to really get down to business with the desk and have it completed by Saturday, September 12. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011 Designer Blogs