Saturday, September 26, 2009

The Official first "I love you"

I'm not sure how I went from the red desk analogy to the courtship of Gary and me, but here I am. I'd like to get to the "here and now" of our lives because I enjoy "writing" and this is a great place to journal the journey of life. But for now, you are stuck with the mushy, gushy, outrageously, ridiculous love story of our courtship. It wasn't all so mushy and gushy, but early on, he could do no wrong and I would have to pinch myself every morning when I woke up and after every encounter with him...just to make sure this wasn't a dream. It seemed like a dream to me, a very good dream-TOO good!

On June 25, 2005, Gary told me he loved me (first :)) There were times I doubted for sure how he felt because he is a guy, ya know? Guys aren't the most demonstrative people in the world and Gary had no "dramatics" in his personality...no, that was all left to me. Gary is the steady one, I'm the one off the chart. haha! For the past month, we'd been saying to each other, "I'm really falling for you..." but wouldn't ever come right out and say, "I love you," but this night was different. He told me how much I meant to him; how special I was and then, those three words that were music to my ears..."I love you." I could have melted right there in his arms. Finally, to hear those words! I could relax...all the tension and anxiousness had drifted away. I'd been feeling "in love" for some time now, but didn't really feel at liberty to say that to him-until now.
"I love you, too, Gary..." It was magical. We're going to make this work and it will be great. I still can't believe it's happened to me! Me? Lord! You picked me to be with Gary? Thank You, from the bottom of my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011 Designer Blogs