Tuesday, September 22, 2009

First "Real" Kiss

This was a totally, amazing day. It started off by Gary and me traveling to Wheeler to visit his ranch that he and his dad own. This is his "sanctuary" away from the hustle and bustle of life. I'd never been to Wheeler and I distinctly remember as we got closer, there were so many trees and even some valleys! Where had I been all my life? This didn't even look like the Panhandle of Texas as I knew it. I was anxious to see what the ranch looked like. I was also nervous, because his dad, Jimmy and step mom, Jerre, were there as well. Yikes! Meeting the fam!


It was great. Jimmy and Jerre were delightful and fun and I just seemed to click with them right away. Wheeew! that was good, that definitely eased my nervousness. The ranch is beautiful! It has a great pond, stocked with fish, acres of green grass with actual trees and valleys. I was simply amazed we were still in the Panhandle of Texas. I could easily see why this was Gary's "sanctuary." He also loves to hunt there in the winter, EVERY weekend! (I go some and stay home some too....imagine all the new little projects that get accomplished during the winter months!)


We came back to Amarillo and decided to go by Norm and Karen's house. I wanted them to meet Gary, officially, now that we had been seeing each other since the golf tournament. That was the last time Karen and Norm had seen Gary. And of course, they loved him! He met everyone that night - all the grand kids, Kendra and Kyle, just everyone...it was great.


We went dancing again and had a blast. After Gary took me home, while standing outside saying our "good-byes", he leaned in about 50% and I leaned in the other 50% and BAM! Oh my goodness. I'm just going to say this quickly-I thought to myself, "Oh my! He is a fabulous kisser!" This was a kiss that I had dreamed about for many years...finally, here it was, happening to me! I was in awe, yet again. It seemed at every turn, everything was so right. We had so many "connections" from our families and our pasts, that it just seemed uncanny. I was living a "dream" and didn't want to wake up, it was delightful.


I loved the anticipation that came over me every time I was going to see Gary on any given day. We both remained so giddy, people really got a little "sick" of our courtship. Yet, Gary's friends were so happy that he was smiling again. I was happy that I was with him as he began to smile again. I wasn't there all those years during the very rough times of Jatawn's illness, but having watched my mom battle breast cancer, I did have an idea how difficult and painful all those years must have been. I imagine it being so much harder as a spouse instead of a daughter.

Our love grew and grew. That night of our first real kiss, I wrote in my journal:


I know something about all this, but I'm not saying. . .You know, too, Lord.


I knew Gary and I would be married. I knew he would be my husband. Not just because he had a dachshund, or that he was a fabulous kisser. I knew he was going to be my husband because he was my heart's desire, through and through. God put that desire in me before I was born. He knew I'd have a rough past to deal with and Gary was going to lose his wife through a long, difficult battle with cancer. God knew just the man I needed and God knew just the woman Gary needed. It was us and I knew it that night...May 14, 2005. Three weeks after we met. I'm so thankful it was Gary. He is perfect for me in every way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011 Designer Blogs