Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Fresh Anointing

Gary and I are in the middle of a move and it has just about eaten my sack lunch. "Moving" is the #1 thing on my Top-Ten list of what I dislike most! So, you can see where this has eaten my sack lunch. There are others things pulling and tugging at me as well, some good, some not so good. Needless to say, I feel I've been so far away from Jesus and all His goodness. I have felt really "ugly" on the inside the past few weeks and couldn't seem to shake it. You know in the summer time, when there's that one pesky fly that keeps coming back to you? You wave it away, and it's gone for a few seconds, then it's right back in your face? Well, that is how I've felt lately with depression and internal "ugliness"....I just have had no joy despite the fact that we are moving to our "dream" house-the one we'll be in until Bree and Britton pack us up and send us to the nursing home...:) Yet, joy and excitement has been replaced with a heaviness and a lack of zeal.

So, today, I'm praying, but still not feeling any closer to Jesus than I have in the past few weeks, when all of a sudden, I heard Him say, "Put on a garment of praise." Put on a garment of Praise! What a novel idea! I jumped out of bed, and went to the living room where my IPod is and turned it on. The song that started was "Hungry (Falling on my Knees)"...I did just that. The tears started rolling down my cheeks. Finally, some feeling was coming back into my heart. The song says, "I am empty, but I know Your love does not run dry..." I have been so dry lately I thought I was going to blow away with all the wind we've had. Slowly, but surely, Jesus and I reconnected with a song of praise.

The next song that played was "I Am Free!"...my absolute favorite praise song for many reasons! When this song came on, I stood up, started dancing, praising and weeping uncontrollably. Not tears of sadness, but tears of joy, relief, and freedom. I felt like myself again. The heaviness was gone, the joy returned.

I say all of this for one reason: the Word is true and alive today. When God says, "Put on a garment of praise to rid ourselves of heaviness," He is telling us the truth. IT WORKS! PRAISE GOD! Have the most fabulously, blessed day possible friend! :) Isaiah 61:3

1 comment:

 
Copyright © 2011 Designer Blogs