Friday, April 30, 2010

New Mercies. . .

Well, after my last post, I've sat down and had some really good "time" with God regarding my attitude, etc. Thank goodness His mercies are new every morning, no matter what yesterday looked like!

After having lunch yesterday with a dear friend of mine, and hearing her explanation, it made it seem so simple.... I have a wound that has not completely been healed and what happened the other day, bumped up against that wound and it hurt. The good news is this.. I recognized almost immediately that this needed some God-Attention and I went to Him with it. Thankfully, I didn't lash out at anyone while in my hurt and anger phase. Another bit of good news is this: when something causes such a reaction....tend to it. There is some underlying wound there that needs God's healing touch and only He can heal it...no one or no thing can heal that wound. Don't waste time trying to rationalize, justify or anesthetize it either. I tried all that for many years and nothing worked...nothing, that is, until I surrendered my life to God.

I've learned over the past few years that God heals in different ways...sometimes immediately and completely, sometimes He peels back the layers of our wounds a little at a time and heals them that way. However His method, know it's for your own good how He chooses to heal us. He created me and knows me better than I know myself...so I'm going to leave all that up to Him and His perfect ways.

Having said all that, I'm delighted to say, that today is a better day than two days ago and I'm so grateful. I'm also grateful for what I've learned in the past two days and that whether I have a good day or a bad day, God remains the same. His love for me never changes....whether I'm laughing, crying, or yelling....He loves me just the same. THAT my friend, is some good news! :)

"The Lord is full of compassion and MERCY." James 5:11 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011 Designer Blogs