Friday, April 16, 2010

We're Moved!!

The older I get, the harder it gets to move. Did I mention that moving is on my Top-Ten List of all-time things I don't like to do...as NUMBER 1? Ooooohhh! It was hard and it did not help that I had agreed, way in advance, to MC the Downtown Women's Center Spring Luncheon! Talk about lunch....that whole week just about ate my sack lunch. Hmm? I feel I'm repeating myself from a previous post, so let me move on....

So, after bringing over about 20 car loads BEFORE the movers came on Friday, it still took them 10 hours to get everything over here. THAT'S RIDICULOUS! I had cleaned out closets, cabinets~everything! Thankfully, my mother in law, Jerre, helped me clean the old house to spotless, so when my sister, Terri, got here, we could focus on the new house and unpacking boxes. I am so thankful for the help I got along the way.....there really was no way I could have done all that alone. Two really are better than one and it definitely lightens the load and makes the unbearable...bearable.

Terri and I unpacked box after box after box. She stayed on me, or I would have sat down and passed out. She is a "mover and a shaker" when it comes to getting things like this done, so I was so blessed to have her help til Wednesday.

One thing I've noticed, even though we've moved into a little bit bigger house is this....I still have to find the right place for things I use, especially things I use everyday and that has not been easy. It's funny how you live somewhere for four years and don't realize how habitual you are until you move and shake everything up! It feels so odd now getting ready in the morning b/c nothing is where it used to be or where I reach for it. I have to relearn some things and re-memorize where I've placed things...lately, I've had to open at least three cabinets or drawers to find one thing...lol! That kind of reminds me of when I surrendered my life to Jesus, for real, 7 years ago.....things were different on a daily basis. I had to relearn how to think when certain things happened. I had memorize God's Word in order to learn a new mantra that went on in my head 24/7 about who I am now as opposed to who I WAS!
2 Cor. 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away, behold, all things are made new.....

I love that verse. It has become my new mantra. I didn't have it memorized the first time I said it, but over time, with practice, it has become a brand new thought. It has replaced many of the older thoughts.....I needed that desparately to over come my past. God's Word delivers.

Today, most importantly, I realize how blessed I am and I am so thankful...not just to have moved into a beautiful home. That is wonderful...but its so temporal, but to have two wonderful sisters, an amazing husband who understands me, fabulous in-laws whom I adore, a daughter and son in love and a son in law who are wonderful and some friends that have become like family as well.

I'm overwhelmed with gratefulness for the people in my life....life is not meant to be lived alone.

Here's our new address: 7813 Greenbriar Dr. Amarillo, TX 79119

Be so blessed today!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011 Designer Blogs