Friday, April 23, 2010

Stop "doing" and start "receiving. . ."

Precious words from God the other day at Bible study. Hmm? Seems I've heard those words from Him before in my lifetime. Why is it so hard to receive? Do you also have that problem? I have such a "doer" mentality that I can't seem to stop myself from doing! I know I've mentioned this before, but I go from room to room starting new little projects and forget what the last project was in the previous room until I stumble back in there and see it! "Oh, I forgot I was even working on that!" I really crack myself up sometimes.

So, the other day, while in the luxurious moment of peace with God Himself. . . I clearly heard Him say, "Dawn, stop "doing" and start "receiving" from Me. I have so much I want to give you, but you are so busy, that I can't give it to you. The things I want to give you are peace of mind, a restful spirit and a renewal that only comes from moments of Sabbath with Me." Ohhhh! How I wish I wasn't wired the way I am at times. When I run into people who are just relaxed, slower talking and at ease---I'm envious! Not a really bad envy, but envy all the same.

However, I must also realize that God made me the way I am for a reason. The other day, while visiting with my friend, the word, "high-strung" was mentioned. Now, I personally don't like the feeling I get with that phrase, high-strung. It has a negative meaning to me. But to her, it meant someone who gets things done...the person to ask if you want to get it done! Hmm? I guess that was okay, having said it like that.

But still....God spoke to me, I have no doubt. There's a reason for what He said and I will take it to heart. It won't be easy, but I do believe it's necessary. I want to become the kind of person that people like to be around, not because I get things done, but because I'm pleasant to be around....at
ease....relaxed....peaceful. I know I can only be those things with God's help because left to my own doing, I would go 9-0 24/7. This weekend, I'm going to enjoy everything. I'm going to sit down and read, not just right before I go to bed, but at other times as well. I'm going to just sit and ponder too. I know that won't be easy, but I'm going to try it. We'll see how this goes. :)

In the meantime, I pray you have a blessed weekend, enjoy the moments in time of "nothingness and peace."

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011 Designer Blogs