Sunday, February 21, 2010

What Do I REALLY Believe?

This is one of those posts that is really just me thinking out loud....well, aren't all posts? lol :) Gary and I are watching the Truth Project, a DVD series produced by Focus on the Family and it is amazing! If you aren't familiar with it, I highly recommend you look it up at www.truthproject.org or www.thetruthproject.org

Having watched one of the videos this afternoon, a lingering question keeps running through my mind: "What do I really believe?" About God, about life, about faith...but mostly about God. My first response is that I believe the Bible is true and is God's Word to us, His children. So, if I believe the Bible is true, do I really believe that all the time? And if so, why do I act contradictory to what it says? Seriously, there are some wonderful promises and the New Testament holds THE GOOD NEWS, so why do I have days where I worry and fret? Why am I fearful of failure, disappointing others, or not living up to my purpose?

So, all day, I've been asking myself this question, "what do I really believe?" I think in asking myself that question over and over, I've come to the conclusion that the way I respond and act to life is truly how I exhibit what I believe. I want to be the "real deal"...not just when I'm standing up in front of a group giving my testimony; and not when I'm having a conversation with another "on-fire" believer. I want to be the "real deal" the minute I open my eyes in the morning. I want to be the real deal, when the first thought races through my mind upon awaking. I want to be the real deal when I'm dressing to go see the world. I want to be the real deal while I blog this post.

Being the real deal to me is truly following my beliefs with no fear. Believing what the Bible says, without any question. Knowing in my heart that when I die, I will go to Heaven...no ifs, ands or buts... and everything in between...such as, God will meet my needs no matter what. He is my rock and my refuge and I have no reason to fear-ANYTHING! He knows the plans He has for me and they are good and prosperous...nothing will happen in my future from God that will harm me. God wants me to have the desires of my Heart as I delight myself in Him. Now, I realize this may sound "elementary", but the truth is....how we act truly depicts what we believe! So, when I'm worried about some trivial or even non-trivial thing, or when I'm judging something or someone, or when I don't trust God with the big events or small events of my life...what am I REALLY believing at that moment? Those are the times I need to get in "check" with myself.

So, being the analytical person that I am...I can "think" something to death. In an effort not to do that with the question I've posed above...I'll leave it at this:

I believe God's Word is true and living and is my guide for the life He has for me. I believe His Word is THE absolute Truth and I believe it with all my heart. I will not allow distraction or deception to come between the Truth and my heart. Amen to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011 Designer Blogs