Monday, February 8, 2010

A Victorious Day. . .

I had the privilege of speaking today at a Women's luncheon by sharing my testimony. The organization, CWC, Christian Women's Connection, is a ministry that reaches out to share the Gospel of Jesus with women by having a luncheon. I'd attended their speaker/writer's workshop sometime last year and vowed to get my "talk" written by September 1st. I didn't make it. However, they contacted me in November and asked if I would give my talk at their February, 2010 luncheon. At first, I wasn't sure. To say, "Yes" would require a commitment on my part to complete my 25 minute talk in written form to be approved. God has such a great memory. In February, 2006, I had a dream that I was standing before women telling them about "surrendering my life" and how I "got off the fence". . .Four years later, to the month~ I stood before several women and shared those very thoughts.

If we've surrendered our life to Jesus~completely, we all have a story to tell. To me, there's nothing better than a good "before and after transformation." That's why I love TLC's "What Not To Wear" show so much. :) My story is much like that, a definite BEFORE and a definite AFTER. I much prefer the AFTER.

I felt so much peace today and even leading up to today about giving this talk. I'm honored that God could use the terrible mistakes, ridiculous beliefs, and dysfunctionality of my life to possibly help or bless another person in their own life.

I do pray of a morning, "God, let me be in the right place at the right time so You can use me today." God always delivers. Always. This morning, I specifically prayed that my testimony would plant at least 5 seeds today. From the feedback I received, I believe 5 seeds were planted, indeed. That truly makes my heart glad.

Today was a triumphant day. What the enemy intended to use to harm me, was put to Good use today for the Kingdom. I bet he's sorry he ever messed with me...:)

"They overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and the word of their testimony; they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death." Revelation 12:11 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011 Designer Blogs