Monday, January 18, 2010

Whole Again...

Well, I must say, it has been one long week without Gary here since a week ago, Saturday! I am so thankful he is home with me again. The first couple of days he was gone were quiet, and I was able to enjoy the "alone" time, as I am a bit of a "loner." However, after day 2, I began wondering around the house aimlessly in search of something that needed to be done....anything! I felt as if a part of me was missing. To make matters worse, I couldn't even talk to him by phone until Friday! Not only was he far away physically, (San Francisco)...I couldn't even hear his voice via cell phone. Then, by Tuesday, I"d taken ill and was not only feeling emotionally empty, but physically weak. I went to the doctor on Wednesday to nip that illness in the bud...and lo and behold, by Wednesday night, I had an allergy attack like none other! Seriously, every time I bent over...my nose and eyes began to leak like a faucet. I have never had allergies like that in my life and let me tell you...it was miserable!

While Gary was gone, I did get to catch up with a few girlfriends and that was very nice. I am thankful for my girlfriends and the time we got to spend together chatting, without feeling the need to get home quickly, or run to the store or cook dinner. I'm also thankful I didn't plan to accomplish any gigantic project like I usually do when Gary leaves town. It was all I could do to get a decent night's sleep this past week.

But today was fabulous. Gary got home last night, we went to dinner and both were tired and slept a great eight hours. He was off today for MLK Day, and I'm so thankful for that. We had such a good time today...went to the matinee' movie...The Book Of Eli...very good...go see it. Then I got to cook him a great meal...seared ribeyes in the dutch oven on the stove top (Julia's recipe), zucchini boats AND a new recipe...Bananas Foster! Oh my! It was good! This Bananas Foster recipe was one I saw on Paula Dean and just wrote down the ingredients and how she did it. Unbelievably easy and OH SO FABULOUS~TASTY! I will definitely be making that one again.

Time alone is good for a couple of days, but there's a reason God said, "...the two shall become one..." When half of me is gone for longer than two days....I am just not myself...not complete....not whole...We belong together and I'm thankful he's home. :)
Oh! And he surprised me big at the airport! He completely shaved off ALL his facial hair! (15 years growing...) I've never seen him without a moustache at least...He looks very young and handsome, indeed! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011 Designer Blogs