Monday, February 20, 2012

Greetings from Amarillo!

Gary and I returned last night from sunny, (not-windy), Scottsdale, AZ where I attended an Author school workshop.  I must say, when the wind blows at 40 mph here, I really miss Scottsdale in a BIG way!  The Author School was a fantastic way for several of us authors to learn new and innovative ways to market our books.  Dee and Liz gave us mounds of information that my mind has not yet untangled, but it will soon as I begin to look back through my notes.

I met some incredible people, 3 Canadians, Charles, Shannon and Gwen; a precious couple from Nevada, Phil and Lois and Mary from right here in Amarillo! (Who shares the same birthday as me, what are the odds?)  In the picture to the right:  Here we all are outside our beautiful hotel.  God has such a great way of putting people in our lives that I know I will see again someday.  I love that!  Charles Whyte wrote Blue Jean Millionaire, which you can get on Amazon.com.  A great "come-back" story you won't want to miss!

Ironically, while away at Author School, I learned via email, that I was not one of the 30 finalists for the Women of Faith Book writing contest. Bummer.  But, the good news is, I can move forward with my original plan and begin the publishing process with Dee and Liz at TAG Publishing right here in Amarillo.  I have to say, I am quite spoiled having my publisher right here, just 10 minutes away.  I feel I have a great advantage to being able to run over to their office if needed.  I realize everything could be done via phone and email, but there is something so valuable to having the "human element" while writing/publishing a book.  Dee and Liz, thank you for your hard work this past weekend to bring us a great Author School!  Kudos to you both!

Okay, so now it's back to "real life"....ironing Gary's shirts that have been piling up for over two weeks!  Here's how I turn that into a positive, I park my ironing board right in front of the TV and watch all the taped shows that have accumulated over time...minus the commercials!  Here we go HGTV and TLC!

Hope you have a great President's Day Monday and fabulous week as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011 Designer Blogs