Friday, June 8, 2012

Setting the Record Straght

All my life, I have struggled with the concept of grace.  More so in the past than recently. I am a slow "get it" kind of person at times, but when I need to "get it"...I just keep after "it."  Right now, the "it" is GRACE. 

Several years ago, I got a revelation of grace from God and it set me free.  Long story short, God whispered to me, "Dawn, if you never lift another finger, in your lifetime; if you never do another "good deed", in your lifetime. . .it's okay-My grace is sufficient for you.  For the first time ever, I think I really "got" what God had been trying to give me all along with His wonderful gift of grace.  I felt the shackles of performance, pleasing, approval seeking, and doing- fall off of me in that instant.

Fast forward to today...even though I can recall that day as if it were yesterday, the enemy has not given up his efforts to steal, kill and destroy any revelation of grace I received in that moment.  I continue to study God's word, and other teachings on the subject and simultaneously ask God for a new, deeper revelation of grace.  He is always willing to answer a prayer like that, no doubt.

While reading Clark Whitten's book Pure Grace a few statements jumped off the page that I want to share with you....

"Those who receive the abundance of grace are the ones who reign in life.  Good receivers, not good performers, are the ones who reign!"

"Our willingness  and sense of liberty to receive all Jesus died to give is the key here!"

"We are warned not to sin against grace.  Listen, the only way to sin against grace is to refuse to receive the grace it cost Jesus His life to give.  Our only hope of "putting to death the deeds of the body [flesh]" (Rom. 8:13) is receiving the abundance of grace."

Grace is such a simply complex phenomenon to me.  There is nothing I can do to gain more grace...I only need to believe on Jesus and receive His gift of abundant grace.  I DO believe...it's the receiving part that gets in the way.  So, my goal is to become a better, more gracious (pun intended), Receiver.
When Jesus said, "It is finished," He meant EVERYTHING!  There is nothing left for me to do...He did it ALL.  I simply need to believe and receive.  Today, I choose to receive ALL that Jesus died for me to have on this Earth...ALL the grace, righteousness and abundance of life!  Amen to that!

1 comment:

  1. Your blog has been awarded at http://bestchristianblogoftheweek.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

 
Copyright © 2011 Designer Blogs