Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Run TO God - Not Away from Him

A sweet word from the Lord this morning in my quiet time. . .

I am not the God who cracks the whip, waiting to punish and ridicule you when you make a mistake; waiting to condemn your every wrong word or move. I AM a God of Love.  I AM LOVE - I exude love, emit love, bleed love, pour out love!  I love you!  I love My people so much!  Yet, they run from Me seeking places to hide from Me - when all I've ever wanted was for them to run to Me!

It's similar to when you (Dawn) hold your arms out to Shorty (my precious dog) and she looks at you and walks away.  How do you feel when she does that?  Sad, disappointed, rejected.

All you wanted was for her to come to you and let you hold her and love on her, be near her because you adore her, right? Right.

But she's stubborn and she walks off.  Maybe she fears you'll load her up in the car and haul her off to the Vet's office (she hates that.)  But in reality, that wasn't your plan at all.  You deeply desired to love on her, pet her and show her how much she means to you.

It's no different with My children.  I desperately want them to come to me.  My arms are wide open.  I want to love on them because I adore them.  They make Me smile.  Yet, so many of my children walk away, afraid I have punishment for them instead of love.  In that case, we both miss out on the blessing of My unfailing, unconditional love.

Because I AM Love and that's what I have for you, My children - all I want is for you to love Me, Your God, with all your heart, all your soul and all your mind. This is the first and great commandment. (Matt. 22:37-38)  Why?  To restrict you?  To bind you?  To control you?  No! Not at all!  But to lavish you with what you've been searching for all your life.  You need not search any longer.  I AM here.  I AM the Love you've been chasing after all along.  My arms are open.  My Love is free for you.  Come, receive the endless Love I have for you, My children.

Taste and see that I AM good!  Blessed is the one who takes refuge in Me. (Ps. 34:8)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011 Designer Blogs