Sunday, April 15, 2012

Unexplainable Peace

The last box has been unpacked; a sigh of relief exhaled.  There is something about moving that seems to upset, turn over, dump me out like a 1000 piece puzzle in an overturned box.  Yet, I find myself only days after moving in, having a state of unexplainable peace swirling around me.  This move was much harder on Gary than me so I've prayed constantly for him...that he would let go of our old house and embrace our new "cottage."  Also, that he would feel peaceful and at home here, too.  Over the last few days, his comments have been such as, "I'm really growing fond of this place. . .This place is growing on me. . .I like this place. . ."   You get my point.  Only God could bring Gary to that landmark of peace, I certainly couldn't, no matter what I tried, and believe me, I tried.  I'm reminded, (once again), I am not his Holy Spirit and I cannot convict him to be at peace with something.  However, I can pray that God will send His Spirit and bring peace to Gary and did He ever!

This morning, we enjoyed quiet moments together reading the Word, praying and then silence. . .ten solid minutes of intentional silence.  It was beautiful.  When the timer went off on my phone, I couldn't believe ten minutes had passed...I wasn't through being quiet, for goodness sake! :)

It seems, Gary and I both feel this flooding peace. . . a "slowing down" of sorts already.  I can't explain why but I certainly know "Who."  God is a God of love and peace.  As we intentionally seek a simpler, down-sized life, peace has an open door and its presence is ushered in.  It truly is priceless.  May He keep you in perfect peace friend.

"You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in You."
Isaiah 26:3

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011 Designer Blogs