Thursday, April 19, 2012

The Book Is Complete

I can honestly say, I'm good at starting projects, but not that great at finishing them.  I enjoy promoting ideas, but I'm not always the best implementer, especially to the end.  But, I am so thankful to report, that just a few days before my 47th birthday, I can say that I have finished something that I started several years ago.  THE BOOK!

Yes, it is finished and on sale now at www.amazon.com-finally!  When this whole process started over five years ago from a whisper from God, I first thought, "yea, I'll have this done in a few months and printed within a year."  Wow! Was I ever so wrong.  What I didn't know then is how difficult it is to write a book about events that weren't even close to being healed.  I have no doubt that God's plan was to take me through my childhood while I wrote and wrote and wrote and heal the deeply stuffed wounds I'd carried around for so many years.

I say this often, I am NOT the same person I was before February 23, 2003.  That was the day I surrendered EVERYTHING to Jesus.  But you know what?  I am not even the same person I was when I began to write the book, sometime in 2006.  God has transformed me even more than I thought possible and healed hurts and wounds I didn't even know existed!

It's said that everyone has a book inside them.  I completely agree!  One never knows what's lurking underneath years and years of stuffing, denying or ignorance, but if there is something there that needs to be healed, just start writing. . . you will be amazed at how God can heal the wounds that are tilled up by writing.

"A professional writer is an amateur who didn't quit." - Richard Bach

I have that quote taped to my desk and look at it often.  For many years, I didn't really believe it. 
I do now.  

Below is a link to my book on Amazon.  I would be most grateful if you checked it out.  
Be blessed, friend. :)

http://www.amazon.com/Wrong-Place-at-Right-Time/dp/1934606391/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1334850537&sr=8-2

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011 Designer Blogs