Friday, April 13, 2012

All Moved In . . .

We made it!  We survived the downsize and the move and I am delighted!  I can say that now.  Now that I have unpacked the boxes we brought to our "summer cottage", but I have to say....while I watched 4 guys fill up a 10 x 30 storage building with all the things we didn't "need"...I began to feel disgusted and nauseated.  It was unbelievable to watch that space fill up with things from the attic, bedrooms, kitchen...every room of the house...with items we DIDN'T need!  Obviously, there are items in there I'd never wish to get rid of, especially the box of old letters I found to my mom...but seriously?  A 10 x 30 storage unit?  That's the type of "excess" that I feel has been weighing me down.  The reason I say that, is because, after being at our new pad (1600 square feet of quaintness)...I don't have a "heavy" feeling anymore.  In fact, I feel much "lighter" than I have in quite some time!

There are so many aspects about our 2 bedroom/2 bath rental that I absolutely adore, such as: How I can look out the patio doors to the very sweet back yard where there is one flower bed, (very low maintenance) where my bird feeder attracts the sweetest birds that I can watch.  How my desk and Gary's desk fit in the same room (albeit, the living room) and we can be together while working on our computers.  The huge window in our bathroom that over looks the backyard as well with a great view of the bird feeders.  The location of the condo is fabulous as well.  Gary and I have lived far north or far south, but now we are centrally located and it is wonderful.  We actually walked to a Mexican food restaurant the other night, (good thing we walked, because we seriously indulged in some great food at El Braceros.) :)

The compact, quaint, intimacy of this place is something I've longed for and now it is here.  Shorty and Lovey have a small yard just off the kitchen patio which is also great.  I leave the door cracked open for them to come and go while I'm in the kitchen.  Yesterday, Lovey was laid out on the cool grass for a little siesta...didn't take her long to adjust.  Shorty, well, she's a different story.  Even though I leave the patio door open for her to come in, she keeps bumping her head on the glass door.  Maybe a slight problem with depth perception...?  She is almost 15!

No one could pay me to move back into a 3600 square foot house...for me, it was quite overrated.  One of my favorite houses I ever lived in was on Fannin Street...I called it "Fannin Country Club."  I loved that little house; all 1210 square feet of it. 

The song lyrics, "we need to get back to the basics of life. . ." keep running through my mind, along with, "...I'm walking on sunshine, yeaaaa! and its time to feel good!!!!"  If that doesn't say where my state of being is now, I don't know what else could....

All is well on this journey to simplify....my goal is still to have a:

Simply Abundant Holy Life

I am very blessed indeed. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011 Designer Blogs