Tuesday, January 25, 2011

God. . .Alone

I just finished Session 3 of Beth Moore's study on David.  Bam!!! Did God speak right to my heart using Beth's mouth!  Before Bible Study tonight, as I was getting ready...an issue rose up in my mind and I began playing it out....you know, when you have a conversation with a person you need to address and you have the conversation out loud?  Yea, one of those.  lol....  During my "one-person" conversation, everything I was saying was right on...I was pleading my case and winning! lol!  So, by the time I left for Bible Study, it was resolved.  I was right and they would have to live with that....

Then Beth starts her spill about this VERY issue...asking us, the audience if anyone has ever done that?  You know, you get this obsessive thought and you analyze it every which way and you win when it's all said and done...?  Yep, God was calling me out right there as I sat on the couch at Bible study.

Here's the bottom line and what I learned tonight:  GOD ALONE will defend me.  GOD ALONE will defend my honor.  I don't have to fight for it, He will do it for me.

Have you ever felt you had to defend your position because you knew deep down you were right?  Did you take matters into your own hands trying to defend that position?  I know I've done this countless times.  Next time, I'm going to allow God to be my Defender.

  My victory and my honor come from God alone.  
He is my refuge, a rock where no enemy can reach me.  
Psalm 62:7

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011 Designer Blogs