Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Staying Focused

Hi again, it's been a while since I last wrote and I'm feeling neglectful! I don't know about you, but I have this huge tendency to get distracted so easily, with just about anything and everything! It's something I battle with almost daily. I refuse to label myself "ADD" or even "ADHD", whichever one best describes: unable to stay focused! I don't much like "labels"...they seem to hold people in a box with no way out, except maybe medication...and even then, the label still remains, as if it's some badge of honor. Now, this is totally just my opinion.

Okay, back to the topic: STAYING FOCUSED! See, I was about to go off on the "label" path and that's not why I sat down to write this post. lol! (I really crack myself up sometimes!) Anyway, I've been working at home, as a housewife for the past year and I'm amazed at how little "time" I have to just enjoy life! I'm not complaining, but I'm just saying, that even when I haven't had to report to an employer, per se, I still find myself juggling time as if it were a fragile glass ball. It's hard for me to be diligent ALL the time. Especially when I get distracted so easily. Do you find that you do that as well?

My "job" is at home, cleaning, organizing, cooking, laundry, etc. So my "office" is at home. However, if there is something for me to attend, say for instance, a luncheon yesterday...I get dressed, head out and think that since I'm "out", I must accomplish everything under the sun , ie. errands, shopping, etc. Then, I start questioning if I have a "shopping" problem?!!! I can't seem to get myself BACK home, to my "office"...I'm too distracted!

Well, the Lord spoke clearly to me this morning in a book I've been reading: Success God's Way, by Charles Stanley....I just so happened to be to the chapter on Time! Hmm? Isn't God's timing just impeccable? What I read really helps me: I can't do today, what I was supposed to do yesterday. I can't regain the minutes that passed away. They are gone. I only have so many days to live on this Earth, no more-no less. I have a purpose and call on my life to complete the mission God has assigned to me in the number of days allotted for my life. (Sometimes, I vacillate with what that purpose is...but that depends on the time of the month :)...What I read was not Earth-shattering information, but it was a reminder to me that time is such a precious commodity and to take it seriously in my efforts to fulfill God's call on my life. Not worrying about man's opinion of what I should be doing, but always seeking God's will, His perfect will, for each minute of my life. Which, by the way, brings me to this very minute in time: I must close so I can run to the grocery store! Sweet blessings, dear friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011 Designer Blogs