Saturday, December 26, 2009

My friend, Joe Dawson

My precious friend Joe Dawson lost his battle to cancer Christmas Eve. My heart hurts and misses this precious child of God very much. Joe loved others so deeply, so completely and so much more than he loved himself. I regret terribly not getting by to see him this past week before his health turned so badly-so quickly. I have some precious moments to hang onto and I am so grateful for those moments. I'm thankful for praying with him while he was in the hospital. We held hands and I can remember his hand shaking, he was holding onto mine so tightly. When I finished the prayer and looked up at Joe, he had tears running down his cheek. I was thankful to have had the boldness and courage to pray with him. He told me he believed in Jesus and that he prayed sometimes, but he wasn't sure if He heard him. I know God heard every thought Joe ever had. Every prayer he ever prayed. Joe was such a precious person. Loved everyone. Helped everyone. Everyone, except himself. He came last. He was selfless.

It's so hard to believe that the preciousness of his being is no longer among us. No longer in our presence. The world was a better place with Joe living amongst us. He made me laugh, he made me cry and now, in his absence, he makes my heart ache.

I miss him. I miss his sweetness. As much as I hurt, I can't even imagine how his dear, close friends are coping. He had such a powerful presence to those close to him.

Kitty...I will see you soon. You make me want to be a better person...a better friend. Thank you for loving so passionately-so completely-so unconditionally. Thank you for being you. You are precious. Rest now, dear friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011 Designer Blogs