Friday, August 28, 2009

Happy Birthday, Shorty!

Yes, today is Shorty Danielle's 12th birthday! I can't believe it. Shorty, to me, is the most precious miniature dachshund born on this earth---just my personal opinion. I probably feel about her the way most mother's feel about the children they carried in their womb. I've often said that my relationship with her is "not normal"...but who can define "normal" anyway? I consider my "weirdness" just a dynamic form of "unique." That sounds much better, doesn't it?

Children?...I didn't have any. Lots of people ask me if I wish I had. It's not some deep rooted longing I have had that's gone unmet, but I must say, it has crossed my mind several times: what she might look like, (I envisioned having a little girl and naming her Ava Danielle.) "Ava" is my mom's name and I always thought it sounded glamorous.) I have envisioned this little girl with long, light brown hair with loose curls. I would dress her up in cute little outfits...Hmm? I guess I have put some thought to that...

However, it was not in the plan for my life and that's okay. I have no complaints. No human little girl named Ava Danielle, but a canine little girl named Shorty Danielle. (She got the Danielle since ....well you get the picture.)



I have to say this about Shorty--during the most awful, depressing times of my life, she was an Angel, sent from Heaven. There is so much truth in the saying, "A dog is (wo)man's best friend." I don't know what I would have done without her during the time of my divorce. That might possibly have been the hardest thing I've lived through and she was there, loving me unconditionally, day after day. Twelve years with someone is a long time. Needless to say, I love her dearly and today I celebrate her life with you.



Update on the desk: I put another coat of RED on today. I've learned a few things during the course of this project. First, when painting something red, it's best to use a grey primer instead of white. Most of you probably already know that. Second, it's also best to invest in a really good brush for the tight places. I used the inexpensive sponge brush and I now know why it's so inexpensive. I know what you're thinking: "You get what you pay for..." Got it!
Jesus paid an enormous amount for me. (He must have known something I didn't...) I want to be the best I can be for Him. I desire to give Him my best. That looks differently for everyone, I've learned. Beth Moore once said, "what God is working out in you-He can only work out in you. It's not something He can do for me." That reminds me of Revelation Knowledge....God might give me a revelation about something and I'm amazed by it and freed by it. Yet, I can't possibly just tell someone this "revelation" and they get the same thing from it. That's the whole point...God gave me the revelation...He gives someone else a different revelation. It took me a little time to "get that." I would get so excited about a revelation and want to share it with everyone, hoping it would give them the same freedom it gave me---uh, nope; doesn't work that way. So, we all have to search for our own "revelations" from God.



Speaking of Beth Moore, I'm going to a simulcast of hers tonight at Hillside Christian Church. If you've never had the privelage to be acquainted with her Bible studies or a simulcast---I hope someday you will. I believe it's impossible to listen to her and NOT learn something! She is awesome and can dissect a Bible verse and cause it to come to life right there before your eyes and ears! I'm looking so forward to this evening and tomorrow morning.
It's Friday and the weekends are the best time for me because I get to see my fabulous husband, Gary more than any other time during the week. I can't wait to tell you all about him.
Attention all single women: I met my fabulous husband while volunteering at a golf tournament, one day before I turned 40--HE was worth the wait. There is hope! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011 Designer Blogs