Saturday, November 7, 2009

The Apple of His Eye


It's hard for me to comprehend that I'm the apple of God's eye. With some of my thoughts and the idle words that come out of my mouth, I would beg to differ. But David says in Psalm 17:8 "Keep me as the apple of Your eye, hide me under the shadow of Your wings." The fact that David says, "keep me" leads me to believe that he's been the apple of God's eye previously and wants to stay in that position. I do too. I suspect that when a mother gives birth to a child, the moment she lays eyes upon that beautiful creation....that baby becomes the apple of her eye. I'm going to assume the same is true of God and His children. In doing so, I find comfort in the fact that even though I may not behave as the apple of His eye...no amount of ill behavior, negative thoughts or past mistakes can ever cause the gleam to leave His eye. I need to hang on to that bit of knowledge.

I am planning my post on Nicaragua, but need to upload the photos to this computer. The photos tell such an amazing story. I hope you'll check back to read about the precious Ones who live in and around the dump ground. I smile every time I think of them. . .knowing they too, are the apple of God's eye. Be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011 Designer Blogs