Friday, October 14, 2011

Another Level of Healing

Yesterday, I had the blessing and opportunity to share my testimony as a keynote speaker for Samaritan Pastoral Counseling Center of Amarillo.  Although God has given me several opportunities in the past to share what an amazing transformation He did in my life, I'd never been a "keynote speaker" and I'd never given my testimony before Norm's family.  Karen and Kyle were there yesterday and I knew it was going to be difficult to get through the part when Norm died before the wedding. 

The day before, during rehearsal, I broke down when I got to that part.  I thought, "Oh no, this is bad.  I can't "lose it" up there in front of 300 people!"  As a speaker, the one thing I desire in my flesh is to remain in control while delivering the message.  I feel it makes the audience nervous when a speaker really loses it and can't regain control of their emotions.  Twilla, the Executive Director of Samaritan, and my dear friend, prayed that God would use this opportunity to take me to a new level of healing.  As always, God was faithful to her prayer.

Yesterday morning, I awoke praising and worshiping God in a bold way!  I turned my music up loud and grabbed my Sword off the wall and began proclaiming the Word over me and the event.  A Source of power erupted in my Spirit and a new confidence came over me like never before.  All the issues of "people pleasing, approval seeking and delivering a perfect speech" fell off of me like autumn leaves falling from a tree as the wind blows through its branches.

I asked many people to pray for calmness, a heart rate below 70 and that I would get through the difficult part without losing it.  All of those prayers were answered abundantly.  After about the first minute or so of speaking, a calmness came over me like I'd never felt while giving my testimony.  It was surreal.  When I got to the part about Norm's death, I did cry, because it still hurts me that he's not here, but I didn't "lose it."  Holy Spirit was there on that stage with me and He comforted me in all the areas I needed.

Afterward, Bree came up to me and we hugged tightly and she whispered words in my ear that felt like a soothing balm covering every inch of my Spirit and soul. Although I can't recall exactly what she said as there were many people around us talking, I do remember the word "anointed,"  that the message I gave was anointed, I believe.  Her words to me were anointed because they brought healing to me.  God knew the exact words I needed to hear at that moment and He used Bree to deliver them.  What a blessing all in itself!

What seemed like a treacherous trial the day before, turned into a glorious victory the day of!  God is able to do exceedingly, abundantly more than I could ever ask or think....He Is FAITHFUL!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011 Designer Blogs