Sunday, September 25, 2011

A New Blog Design

Well, I had to try out a new blog design.  It's like clothes, after a while, you just get tired of seeing and wearing the same thing over and over...which of course, should not matter one bit, but if we're honest...we know we get a little bored with our clothes at times.  Same thing with my blog design.
Anyway, I'm going to leave this design on for a while and see if I like it, if not, I'll change it out again.

I would like to be more diligent in posting because the quick, 10 minute posts are great "jump starts" for writing.  I am about 3/4 of the way through with my first draft of my first (and probably last) book.  This has been a five year endeavor that began in February 2006 with a whisper from God.  Today, there is no more whispering; He is actually TELLING me to finish the book.

Since I was young, I've had difficulty "following through" with major projects and I think there are a myriad of reasons.  The most blatant one is the fear of failure.  If I never finish it, it can never be a failure-in the eyes of others anyway...since they will never see it.  Nevertheless, as I've prayed and cried out to God to help me finish it, He's gently said, "Dawn, don't write the book for anyone else but Me.  Write it for an Audience of One.  I will never reject it and it will never be a failure in My eyes.  I'm the One Who asked you to write it in the first place!" Love, God

God is always so precious to give me the answer I need for that moment.  Writing this book has become an act of obedience and as I know all too well, when I am out of obedience, there is no internal rest at all.  So, with that, I commit to finishing this book and believing God to bring me the perfect Editor to help me polish it up.  It has certainly been a labor of love and I feel as if I've been pregnant for five years and I am MORE than ready to have this "baby!"  (I've actually never been pregnant, but I relate that story from all the women who have been and tell me what it feels like.)

So, with that, I will adjourn my post tonight.  I hope you are basking in God's grace that transforms any and all of us! :)

Stand firm.  Let nothing move you.  Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.  1 Corinthians 15:58 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011 Designer Blogs