Sunday, August 29, 2010

A Little Red Flag . . .

Well, lots has happened since I last wrote...where do I begin...You know the clothing business I was so joyfully getting into? Well...that turned out to be a smoke-screen from the enemy and I fell for it: hook...line...and sinker! I believe the enemy brings things to us that LOOK so perfect for us on the outside, yet, deeper down...there might be just one, small red flag attached....

It's that one, small red flag that I most needed to pay attention to and didn't. In fact, I completely dismissed it because of my pride, selfish ambition and falling prey to the temptations of the world...

Does that sound like a loaded paragragh when I'm just talking about a clothing business from home? Well, that's how the enemy got me to take the bait. I only blame myself for not paying attention to the little red flag. It doesn't even matter WHAT the little red flag was...the fact remains...when God puts a red flag in our path...it would be most wise to pay attention...stop....pray...wait and see what that red flag is ALL about. Had I done that...I would have never thrown myself into this full force and used 4 weeks of my life to go searching for something that only God can fulfill in me.

Suffice it to say, the show was a success and I don't feel badly about that. However, by Saturday morning, I had just about decided this was not the job for mine and Gary's life right now with him being in the busiest season of his career...so when I had to tell my manager and friend that I was not going to be able to do another show (October/Nov)...it was not good news for her. I really hate to disappoint people, but I have learned the hard way...it is better to disappoint people than disobey God. The consequences for disobeying God are much graver than the persecution of man. This was not an easy task for me, but something I HAD to do. It was between God and me at this point and I wasn't about to disobey Him again.

Friendships may be lost or broken when we choose to obey God over pleasing man, but my fear of God has grown much greater than my fear of man. Thank goodness! It has taken MANY years, but I'm finally getting there.

I encourage you to pay close attention to ANY red flag God has put before you. It is there for a very specific reason. Don't dismiss it. The consequences can be devestating...tis much better to obey in the beginning than apologize in the end. Blessings~

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011 Designer Blogs